Thursday, 26 May 2011
Before i forget the flooring,
Now this was difficult to say the least we started with plywood boards and stained them in the wickes varnish as seen in a previous post. After laying them on the floor with much help from Simon we noticed the boards did not lay flat and we decided to tape them down on the underside and hoped the weight of furniture and rugs would hold them down.
The next problem we had was footprints so i spent most of my time in my socks because the floor just seemed to attract the dust and Simon boots were a big culprit so we had to wipe the floor with a damp cloth and sweep numerous times !
but overall we were very happy with our floor and its colouring was perfectly matched to the panneling.